Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. TRUMP VOWS ‘NO CHANGE’ TO 401(K) TAX INCENTIVES
The president shoots down a GOP plan to raise federal revenue by taxing retirement fund earnings.
2. JOINT CHIEFS CHAIRMAN DISCUSSES DEADLY NIGER AMBUSH
Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford says four U.S. soldiers died in a “difficult firefight” in the Western African nation, but he offers few details.
3. ‘THEY CAME INTO TOWN WITH A HIT LIST’
In retreat, Islamic State militants slaughter at least 70 civilians in the Syrian town of Qaryatayn, villagers say.
4. VIETNAM-ERA ARMY MEDIC RECEIVES MEDAL OF HONOR
Capt. Gary Rose (Ret.) is honored for giving critical medical aid to fellow soldiers engaged in a four-day firefight during the Vietnam War in 1970.
5. WHO LAUNCHES PROBE INTO WEINSTEIN CO.
The New York AG announces a civil rights investigation into the film studio following sexual harassment and assault allegations against co-founder Harvey Weinstein.
6. HOW SEA-LEVEL RISE THREATENS NYC
Within the next three decades, floods that used to strike Manhattan once every 500 years could occur every five years, due to climate change, a new study finds.
7. WHY KANSAS MAN’S DOUBLE MURDER CONVICTION IS THROWN OUT
Lamonte McIntyre, 41, is exonerated of the 1994 deaths after accusations arise over a detective’s abuse of power.
8. SUITORS LINE UP FOR SECOND AMAZON HQ
Over 200 cities and regions in the U.S., Mexico and Canada enter the race to become the online retailer’s second home, which promises 50,000 new jobs.
9. SATIRICAL ‘ASK A MEXICAN’ COLUMN SAYS ADIOS
The column, which began appearing in alternative weeklies in 2004, drew national attention for fielding submissions about Mexican immigrants and Mexican Americans.
10. FRESH TALENT FILLS WORLD SERIES
Houston’s youthful infield duo of Carlos Correa and Jose Altuve face L.A.’s tantalizing trio of Cody Bellinger, Corey Seager and Chris Taylor.
By The Associated Press