THE NEW RIVER RESOURCE AUTHORITY will hold a rate hearing as part of its March 24, 2021, 12:00 Noon, meeting located at the Authority’s administrative office at 7100 Cloyd’s Mountain Road, Dublin, Virginia.
In accordance with Virginia Code § 2.2-3708.2 and Chapter 1289 of t he 2020 Acts of Assembly as amended, a virtual and in person Public Hearing of the Board of Directors will be held on March 24, 2021 at Noon, or as soon thereafter as may be heard. A staff briefing on the rates and budget will be held prior to the public hearing. This public hearing will also be held by electronic communication means. All interested parties are invited to participate by following the two-step process provided below.
The following is scheduled to be heard: Rates, Fees and Charges to be Effective July 1, 2021
If you wish to make comments virtually or in person during the public hearing, please follow the two-step process provided below:
1. Register with the Administrative Office by calling (540) 674-1677or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 23, 2021.
2. For in person – arrive at the Administrative Offices of NRRA at least 30 minutes prior to the meeting. You will receive instructions on how to attend the meeting at that time.
If you would like to provide comments on the public hearing subject matters, please feel free to fax us at (540) 674-1431, mail a letter to the Administrative Office, Attention: Office Manager, at P.O. Box 1246, 7100 Cloyd’s Mountain Road, Dublin VA 24084, or email us at email@example.com. Please submit correspondence prior to the public hearing day.
Copies of the proposed rates, fees, charges and FY 2021/2022 budget are listed below and on file and may be examined by appointment in the Administrative Office at 7100 Cloyd’s Mountain Road, Dublin VA 24084 or online at www.newriverresourceauthority.org. For more information, you may contact the Office Manager by calling (540) 674-1677. If you require a reasonable accommodation for this meeting due to a disability, please call the Office Manager at (540) 674-1677. If you are hearing impaired, you can contact Virginia Relay at 711 for TDD service.
The purpose of the hearing will be to consider a revision of the disposal rates to be effective July 1, 2021, at the New River Solid Waste Management Area. The following rates will be considered for adoption.
1. Municipal Solid Waste from $32.00 per ton to a not to exceed rate of $34.00 per ton.
2. Debris Waste from $32.00 per ton to a not to exceed rate of $34.00 per ton.
3. Alternative Daily Cover Material from $17.00 per ton to an amount not to exceed
4. Virginia Tech Ash Alternative Daily Cover from $7.00 per ton to an amount not to
5. Clean Wood (delivered to mulch facility) from $20.00 per ton to a not to exceed rate
6. White good (appliances) from $32.00 per ton to a not to exceed rate of $34.00
7. Recycling from $32.00 per ton to a not to exceed rate of $60.00 per ton.
Current rates that are not proposed to change are:
1. Uncovered/unsecured loads $25.00 per incident.
2. A minimum ticket charge of $5.00 per ticket.
3. Administrative fee of $0.25 per copy (extra copies of scale tickets, files, etc.)
4. Non friable asbestos $54.00 per ton (Rate used when Certification is needed by
5. Tires $0.10 per pound (or $200 per ton).
6. Special waste rate determined by the Executive Director based on conditional
and density basis.
The hearing was authorized in accordance with Section 15.2-5136 of the Code of Virginia, 1950, as
amended and by action of the New River Resource Authority at its January 27, 2021 meeting.
NEW RIVER RESOURCE AUTHORITY
7100 CLOYD’S MOUNTAIN ROAD
POST OFFICE BOX 1246
DUBLIN, VIRGINIA 24084