Increase in COVID cases prompts Al’s On First to close ‘until further notice’

Increase in COVID cases prompts Al’s On First to close ‘until further notice’

Popular Pulaski restaurant Al’s On First says it is has closed for now due to COVID-19.

A statement on their website says:

“Due to the recent increase of COVID-19 throughout our area, and for the safety of our guests and staff, Al’s on First will remain closed until further notice. We thank you for your patronage and we appreciate your understanding. We look forward to serving you soon!”

According to the New River Valley Public Health Task Force’s COVID-19 update, released today, Pulaski County has reported 1,634 cases of the virus since March.

A month ago, on Dec. 4, Pulaski County reported 772 cases. That is an increase of 862 cases just in the last month.

Those figures include 25 new cases reported today. The seven-day average number of cases for Pulaski County is 30.

Since March, 75 Pulaski Countians have been hospitalized and 34 deaths have been reported, according to the Task Force.