Pulaski County Parks and Recreation started accepting online registrations for youth league basketball Saturday, January 2, 2021, with registration deadline being Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 5 p.m.
To register your child please visit our new online platform at www.pulaskicountyparksandrec.org. When on the website use the “register” tab to begin creating your account and register. When registering you will also have to accept all terms and conditions and the COVID-19 waiver. Note/reminder: There will not be any late sign ups nor a wait list for this years 2021 youth basketball season. Each player must be registered by the January 16th 2021 deadline to be eligible to participate in this years program.
Registration will be open to all divisions (5-6 co-ed, 7-8 co-ed, 8-10 boys, 8-11 girls, 11-12 boys, 12-16 girls, 13-16 boys). If you are unable to register online or encounter an issue please contact one of our coordinators. The number of sign-ups in each division will determine when they may begin. Information regarding when each division will start will be provided once registrations are complete and processed. We anticipate first practices beginning the week of January 18th.
Pulaski County Parks and Recreations main priority is the safety of the youth and all parties involved while offering such activities. Therefore, we will have strict measures in place to be able to offer youth basketball this season. Pulaski County Parks and Recreation will follow all CDC and VHSL guidelines once we begin practices/games. Some of our general guidelines are:
- Temperature checks- each person entering the facility must have their temperature taken. Those that have a temperature of 100 degrees or above will not be granted entry.
- Mask must be worn at all times by players/coaches/spectators/staff/officials. (Other than when a child/official is actively playing on the court)
- Coaches-must wear a mask at all times
- Players- must have a mask on while entering facility and while on the bench
- Spectators- must wear a mask at all times
- Failure to comply with Pulaski County Parks and Recreations regulations will result in dismissal from the facility.
- All water fountains will be unavailable. Players must bring their own drink
- During practices each participant will be allowed 1 parent or guardian to enter
- During games each participant will be allowed 2 parents or guardians to enter.
- Teams will be limited to 8 player’s max
- Each team will be allowed 2 coaches
- Teams will only be allowed to enter facility during their scheduled practice/game time
- A notification will be sent to each team’s coach to notify when they may enter for their designated practice or game. Therefore, please do not arrive any sooner than 10 minutes prior to assigned practice or game time.
- At the conclusion of each practice/game all individuals must exit through designated doorway
- Pulaski County Parks and Rec staff will thoroughly sanitize each facility before and after each practice/game.
For a complete list of Pulaski County Parks and Recreations Youth Basketball Regulations and Guidelines please visit pulaskicountyparksandrec.org.