On June 24th Dante Holmes will be performing in Carnegie Hall with the Middle School Honors Performance Series. Dante practiced 2 art songs, one in Latin, through last summer to apply for this position. In the fall he went through a lengthy recording session to get his best possible submission for the evaluators. A written application was sent with the audio by the November deadline. Notification of his acceptance then came in March. Selected musicians rehearse and perform under master conductors and have the opportunity to meet other like-minded musicians from around the world. Though much of the students time is focused on performance preparation, the week also allows students to experience the best of the sights and the performance arts in New York City. The 4 day event consists of:
- Perform in the elite Honors Junior Performance at Carnegie Hall.
- Work with master conductors and build your performing resume.
- Rehearse and interact with other Junior Finalists from across the world.
- Celebrate your accomplishments at your Junior Finalist Celebration.
- See a Broadway Show, visit New York’s most famous landmarks, and experience the Big Apple.
- Submitted by: Dr. Matthew McCarty, Principal of Pulaski Middle School