Depending on the availability of funds and household need, the RMRP may provide financial assistance for rent or mortgage payments for eligible households. Financial assistance is a one-time payment for Rent/Mortgage arrears beginning April 1, 2020. Opportunity for renewal is based on the availability of funding, household need, and continued eligibility.
- Meet income guidelines. The applicant must have a gross household income at or below 80% area median income (AMI), based on the current month’s income. The determination of income includes any unemployment payment received by a member of the household but does not include one-time payments such as a stimulus check.
- Be financially impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have a valued lease or mortgage statement in their name, or other documentation of tenant/landlord relationship
- Rent or mortgage amount at or below 150% fair market rent (FMR)
- Be at risk for eviction or foreclosure.
- Proof of income (pay stubs, bank statements, letter from employer, social security documents, unemployment documentation, pension)
- Proof that household has been denied a forbearance or deemed ineligible
- W-9 form
- Copy of mortgage statement or lease in the applicant’s name
Contact your local NRCA Emergency Assistance/Housing Counseling office to apply:
- Floyd County (540) 745-2102 or email@example.com
- Montgomery County (540) 382-6186 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Radford/Fairlawn (540) 320-7460 or email@example.com
- Giles County (540) 921-2146 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pulaski County (540) 980-5525 or email@example.com