Pulaski County Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Kevin Siers made the following announcement on the beginning of the second semester:
- Monday, February 1, 2021 is a teacher workday. Tuesday, February 2, 2020 is ½ day of professional development and ½ day workday. Schools will be closed for students.
- We will return to 100% attendance for M, Tu, Th, & F at all schools for the second semester with the following exceptions:
- Wednesday, February 3, 2021 will also be an in-person instructional day. (We did not want to begin the semester with a virtual day.)
- Tuesday, March 23rd will be a virtual day & Wednesday, March 24th will be an in-person instructional day. (This change was needed so that schools could be accessible as polling places for the special election to replace Senator Chafin.)
- PCMS & PCHS will develop second semester bell schedules that have students attending all of their courses each day. Classes will not be double blocked for the second semester.
- Based on revised Covid 19 guidance from VDOE-
Future decisions about going back to all-virtual or to 50% attendance will be made on a school specific basis instead of the whole division. Any changes to the 100% attendance schedule will most likely be made for 2 weeks at a time.
Also, here are a few other points of interest:
•Graduation has been moved up one week to Friday, June 11, 2020. We do not yet know if it will be a traditional or drive through ceremony. This will depend on whatever crowd size limits are in place at that time.
•Practice for fall sports will begin on Thursday, February 4, 2021. Winter sports will begin wrapping up with regional tournaments next week. Swim & dive will compete in Christiansburg on February 3, 2021. Wrestling will compete at EC Glass on February 6, 2021. Basketball will begin tournament play during the week of February 8, 2021. The schedule is yet to be determined.
Kevin W. Siers, Ed. D.
Pulaski County Public Schools