Pulaski County Parks and Recreation Friends and Neighbors,
We wanted to connect with you as quickly as possible. We know many of you have heard the devastating news of the fire at the Randolph Park Pool facilities yesterday. The good news is that everyone is safe. We are beyond grateful for our Pulaski County First Responders, and all of the surrounding communities, who were quick to respond and take action.
We recognize that yesterday’s events create a lot of questions from you regarding our Parks and Recreation operations. Please know that we are committed to serving our Pulaski County friends and neighbors and take that privilege seriously.
What you need to know today:
- Randolph Park remains open and available to the public.
- The Evelyn Alexander Waterpark Aquatic Building is a complete loss. When you visit Randolph Park, you will find this area to be secured with fencing. Please respect these physical barriers and help us keep everyone safe.
- All Parks and Recreation sports will continue as normal. All games scheduled next week, and moving forward, are a go!
- All scheduled weekend baseball/softball tournaments will continue as normal.
- All scheduled and future shelter reservations will continue as normal. All shelter facilities have been inspected and confirmed to be safe and accessible.
- Walking trails, fields, playgrounds, shelters, public restrooms, the disc golf course etc. remain safe, accessible, and available for use!
- The Evelyn Alexander Waterpark is closed until further notice.
How to contact us!
- The Parks and Recreation offices will temporarily relocate our offices to the Bat and Ball Sports Complex at Randolph Park effective Tuesday, 05/30/2023. You can best access us by parking at the basketball courts and walking to the complex.
- We recommend you call or text us before stopping by the office. We expect to be in transition most of the week and not in the physical office full time.
- The Randolph Park Main Office line is not available. Please connect with us by EMAIL or TEXT until we have our new phones up and running.
Program and Activities Manager
Please allow us several days to regroup and put together all the information that each of you need regarding next steps. Our team is committed to having a great summer and look forward to connecting with you soon on how we’re going to make that happen. Look for more information from us next week!
Director of Parks and Recreation