(UPDATED 8-30-19) * ROUTE 11 TURN LANE CONSTRUCTION AT PULASKI MIDDLE SCHOOL – Route 11 (Lee Highway) between Route 1156 (Country Club Drive) and
Route 807 (Hatcher Road) will undergo utility work along the shoulder and have trucks entering the highway during construction. Construction will impact northbound and southbound lanes with either a shoulder closure and/or lane closure between 9a.m. and 3 p.m. Route 11 northbound will have a lane closure for turn lane construction. The entire project time frame extends to fall 2020.
(NEW 11-1-19) * ROUTE 11 TURN LANE CONSTRUCTION – A daily lane and shoulder closure will be in place on northbound Route 11 (Lee Highway) for paving of a new entrance to 7426 Lee Highway. Work is scheduled until November 8 and will occur between the hours of 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
(NEW 10-11-19) * ROUTE 609 PAVING OPERATION – In fall 2019, a paving project to pave the currently unpaved Boyd Road is expected to begin. This project will pave 0.6 mile of Route 609 (Boyd Road) from Route 653 (Clarks Ferry Road) to end of state maintenance.
(UPDATED 10-18-19) * OLD ROUTE 100 BRIDGE OVER PEAK CREEK CLOSED FOR BRIDGE REPLACEMENT – A project to replace the bridge on Route F047 (Old Route 100) over Peak Creek in Pulaski County is underway requiring the bridge to close and a detour to be put in place. The bridge is located on the service road that runs parallel to Interstate 81 between exits 94 and 98 and crosses Peak Creek that connects to Claytor Lake. It is approximately 5.5 miles east of the town of Pulaski and 4.8 miles south of Dublin. During construction, local traffic will be able to access areas on either side of the bridge, but since the old bridge will be removed, drivers will need to use the detour around the closure. Weather permitting, the bridge is expected to re-open in October 2020 with final completion set for October 2020.
- As of September 20, in the next 3 to 4 weeks, demolition of the bridge over the water is set to begin.
- The detour during construction of the new bridge will direct drivers traveling northbound to use exit 94 for access onto I-81 and to use exit 98 when exiting off of I-81. Drivers traveling southbound will access I-81 using exit 98 and exit I-81 by using exit 94.
- Motorists travelling to either Conrad Brothers Marina or Rock House Marina are advised to exit Interstate 81 at exit 98.
- Bicyclists traveling north on Bicycle Route 76 will leave Bicycle Route 76 at the intersection with Route 99 (East Main Street) and head north towards the town of Pulaski to Route 611 (Bob White Boulevard) that turns into Newbern Road. Bicyclists will then follow Route 611 to where it intersects with US Bicycle Route 76.
- As of September 20, boat traffic may experience delays within the next 3 to 4 weeks for a period of one week as demolition of the bridge begins. The demo will take place in the water under the bridge and during the day, boats may be restricted for up to one hour at a time, much like a slow roll on the interstate. More specific times and dates will be released.
- Boats operating on Claytor Lake in the vicinity of Peak Creek will continue to have access to the upstream waterway but should use caution. Boaters will see a large barge in the water at the Old Route 100 Bridge and a construction work zone will be posted in the water on water buoys. As boats approach the area for access, signs will direct them to possible changes in direction that will alternate to the left or right of the waterway. As a safety precaution, access to the waterway also may be closed at various times during construction and signs will be posted if this should occur.
* ROUTE 99 REPAIRS – Alternating left and right lane closures and periodically flagging operations on Route 99 from Interstate 81 to Bobwhite Boulevard. Estimated traffic impact from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
* ROUTE 11 PULASKI COUNTY – Road work will be occurring on Route 11 in Dublin. A left lane closure from Route 1003 (4th Street) eastbound and westbound to Route 635 (Baskerville Street) Eastbound and Westbound. Work is expected to occur from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Estimated Completion: June 2020.
(UPDATED 10-11-19) * ROUTE 100 BRIDGE REPLACEMENT – Two bridge replacements are underway on Route 100 (Cleburne Boulevard) in Dublin. The bridges are located over Route 11 and over the railroad and Route 689 (Peppers Ferry Road). Drivers can expect lane closures and heavy trucks entering and exiting the roadway during daytime hours, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Lanes will be reduced to one lane in both directions from late fall through the duration of the project. Route 100 Southbound will continue to serve as the Route 100 northbound and southbound lanes. Width restriction of 10 feet in place with no wide loads allowed. Message boards will alert drivers. Work is anticipated to be complete by May 2020.
This traffic switch is for the bridge work over Route 11 and for the bridge over the railroad at Old Peppers Fairy Road will occur from Route T-1026 (Hawkins Street) to Route T-1003 (4th Street) from August 12, 2019 until May of 2020.
- Peppers Fairy Road will be closed to through traffic from Newbern Street to the Route 100 overpass for work on the bridge over the railroad until May 2020.
- Tate Avenue will be closed to through traffic from Hawkins Street to the Route 100 overpass. Peppers Ferry Road will be closed to through traffic from Newbern Street to the Route 100 overpass. These closures will be in effect through April 2020.
- Traffic will continue to utilize the new traffic pattern from Route 100 Northbound to Route 100 Southbound from Baskerville Road, Route 635 to 4th Street, Route 1003.
- Right and left lane closures will be in place on Route 100 north and southbound.
- A width restriction is in place to 10 feet wide. Wide loads not permitted on Route 100 north and southbound between Route 1003 (4th Street) and Route 635 (Baskerville Road).
- A right lane closure is in place on Route 11 southbound for work to occur on the ramp.
The ramp off of Route 100 southbound onto Route 11 southbound will be closed for pavement rehabilitation. A signed detour will be in place.