Wear orange to show support of safe driving in work zones Wednesday, April 10, 2019!
Let construction season begin! The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is celebrating National Work Zone Awareness Week to kick off the construction season and raise awareness about work zones.
WHAT: During National Work Zone Awareness Week (April 8-12, 2019), ‘Go Orange Day’ is Wednesday, April 10. The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) invites you, your family, your office and staff and basically anyone who drives on our roadways to wear orange tomorrow to help us spread awareness about safe driving in work zones. Help us remind drivers to limit distractions in vehicles, especially as spring and prime road construction work gets underway.
- Be sure to check out VDOT’s Work Zone Display at the Virginia Museum of Transportation downtown to feel and touch our tools for the road, including the newest one, a portable rumble strip.
- Drive by our safety message along I-581 in front of Valley View Mall to encourage drivers to say no to distractions when driving, SLOW DOWN, PHONE DOWN.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Wear orange!
- Take selfies for social media.
- Use traffic-related props for newscasts.
- Talk about work zone awareness.
- Tell your friends and family or take a picture together!
- Ask others to get involved, share their support with our crews or send in pics of their ORANGE wear to you or hashtag #GoOrangeVA.
- Share our pictures, posts, videos, safety messages and tweets during the week of April 8-12 from @VaDOTSalem and our Facebook Group page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/VDOTSalem.
- Join in on our hashtag of #GoOrangeVA.
WHERE: Anywhere – the more visible the better!
WHEN: All day Wednesday, April 10, 2018