* WHAT...Heavy snow expected, mixed with sleet at times. Total
snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches, with locally higher
amounts. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of south central, southwest and west central
Virginia, north central and northwest North Carolina and
southeast West Virginia.
* WHEN...From 1 AM Sunday to 7 AM EST Monday.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The
hazardous conditions will likely impact the Monday morning
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The heavy snow and gusty winds, especially
Sunday afternoon through Monday, may down tree limbs and cause
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected. Significant amounts of snow are forecast
that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If
you must travel...have a winter survival kit with you.
Please report snow and sleet accumulations via email at
email@example.com or by calling the National Weather Service
toll free at...1...866...2 1 5...4 3 2 4. Leave a message with
your observation and the specific location where it occurred. You
can also post your report to National Weather Service Blacksburg
Facebook page and on Twitter.