...HEAVY SNOW TO IMPACT MONDAY MORNING COMMUTE...
.An area of low pressure will move through the Carolinas tonight
and early Monday, while cold air sinks into the southern
Appalachians behind an upper level storm system. This will bring a
change from rain to snow starting in the mountains shortly after
midnight, then reaching the piedmont around or just after dawn.
The snow will end by early afternoon.
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING
TO NOON EST MONDAY...
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 6
inches, with locally higher amounts along the ridges. Winds
gusting as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of southwest and west central Virginia,
northwest North Carolina and southeast West Virginia.
* WHEN...From 10 PM this evening to noon EST Monday.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be difficult. The hazardous conditions
could impact the morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The gusty winds and wet snow could cause
limbs to snap, especially along the higher elevations. This
could result in power outages.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.
National Weather Service