Cougars travel to Graham Thursday night; Important info for fans attending game
The Tazewell County Public Schools Clear Bag Policy appears below. This information will assist fans that attend any Tazewell County Public School events. Pulaski County travels to play Graham HS (TCPS) this Thursday in Varsity Football, so this policy will be in place for those planning to attend.
Tazewell County Public Schools
Fan Safety and Security Measures
Fans are expected to follow these simple rules when attending Tazewell County Public Schools athletic events upon entering stadiums or gymnasiums. When entering any TCPS athletic event, all bags and items are subject to being searched.
Clear bags are easily and quickly searched. This policy supports the Department of Homeland Security’s, “If You See Something, Say Something Campaign.” This will also enable fans to move through gates much faster and allow security and staff to be more efficient and effective in checking bags. Fans will be able to enjoy activities with an improved sense of safety.
Permitted Items per Person:
- Bags that are clear plastic (vinyl or PVS) suggested size 12” X 6” X 12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc or similar)
- Rain gear (Worn or in a clear carrier)
- Small clutch purses no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”
- Mobile phones
- Binoculars (if in case the case may be inspected)
- Seat cushions/chairs (if in carry case/tote may be inspected)
- Radios with or without headsets (carry case may be inspected)
- Diapers and non-medically necessary items for babies and young children must be carried in a clear bag
- Needed medical equipment
- Strollers (will be subject to search at gate)
- Camera/Case (will be subject to search at gate)
- Computer bag/carrier (will be subject to search at gate)
- Unopened food/drinks that can fit in a clear bag that meets criteria (12” X 6” X 12” or Ziplock freezer bag)
Does everything need to be in a bag?
No. Things you normally carry in your pockets or jacket such as keys, makeup, feminine products, combs, wallets, credit cards, cash, etc., do not have to be in clear bags unless you choose to place the items there. Blankets can be carried over the arm.
The small clutch bag allows privacy for small personal items and is easily searched. It does not have to be clear but does need to meet the 4.5” X 6.5” dimensions.
Prohibited Items by All Fans:
- Non-clear bags of any size
- Backpacks (of any size)
- Fanny Packs, cinch bags
- Thermos/refillable drink bottles
- Alcoholic beverages
- Selfie sticks
- Unmanned aircraft (drones)
- Large bags or parcels, including backpacks and purses
- Weapons (including pocket knives)
- Artificial noisemakers
- Vaping Devices or E-cigarettes
- All tobacco products
- Portable heaters
October 17, 2022 @ 9:30 pm
Will they allow me to bring my cowbell?