On September 15, 2018, just before 2:00 PM, the Pulaski Police Department along with rescue personnel, responded to Washington Square Apartments in reference to an infant that had possibly ingested a narcotic.
Upon arrival, the infant was responsive and without symptons, but minutes later, began to show symptoms of overdose.
The infant was transported to Lewis Gale Hospital in Pulaski, and later transferred to Roanoke Memorial Hospital for additional treatment.
As of September 16, 2018, the infant was released from the hospital.
The investigation of this incident is ongoing and charges may be pending.
By authority of Officer M.R. Jennings, Pulaski Police Department