Pulaski County Community Telecommunications Broadband Deployment Project
DATE ISSUED: Tuesday, July 2, 2019
DATE DUE: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 by 4:00 p.m.
Pulaski County, Virginia, hereafter referred to as “the County”, is soliciting proposals from qualified broadband Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to partner with the County on a project to deploy broadband to either the Hiwassee/Snowville and Draper unserved and/or underserved growth areas of the County. The County has a Community Telecommunications Plan that serves as the road map for the community in developing telecommunications infrastructure to spur improvements in educational opportunities, medical services, economic development, and overall quality of life.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The broadband deployment project in the Hiwassee/Snowville or Draper area will include at least the following elements:
- The preferred area;
- The type of broadband deployment to the preferred area;
- Community assets and anchors to be considered or used along with description of likely users including passing and take rate;
- The speed of broadband to be offered and validated;
- Estimated time to complete project;
- Estimated amount to be invested in project; and
- The type of marketing and outreach efforts to be
Each proposal shall include the following information:
- Introductory letter of interest;
- Executive summary of the preferred area broadband deployment project, including and not limited to brief description of project with projected passing and take rate; speed; timeline from construction through connectivity; funding to leverage; marketing and outreach efforts; and assistance to provide in leveraging external investment; and
- A sample partnership agreement between the proposer and
The proposer must submit three (3) hard copies of the proposal. All proposals submitted in response to this RFP become the property of the County.
Proposals sent by mail, express mail, or hand-delivered must be received before 4:00
p.m. on Wednesday, August 9, 2017 addressed to:
Jonathan D. Sweet, County Administrator 143 Third Street, NW
Pulaski, Virginia 24301-4900
A proposal may be modified or withdrawn by the proposer at any time prior to the time and date set for receipt of The proposer shall notify the County in writing of its intentions. Modified and withdrawn proposals may be resubmitted up to the date and time set for the receipt of proposals.
By submitting a proposal in response to this RFP, the proposer acknowledges that it has not executed any agreement, participated in any collusion, or otherwise taken any action in restraint of free, competitive proposal preparation regarding this
The County will review all proposals submitted in accordance with the following criteria:
- Identification of broadband deployment project based on knowledge of local conditions;
- Timeline to complete and implement project; and
- Benefit to
RIGHT TO REJECT
The County reserves the right, at any time prior to award of contract, to reject any or all proposals, or any part thereof, to make no award, or to issue a new RFP.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Specific terms and conditions between the County and the successful proposer shall be subject to negotiation. The County anticipates including terms and conditions of the type that are commercially reasonable and customary in similar contracts. All formal proposals submitted shall be valid for a minimum of ninety (90) calendar days following the date of acceptance. If the proposer does not withdraw its proposal at the end of that time, it remains in effect until an award is made or the solicitation is canceled.
Direct communication pertaining to the proposal to:
Director of Information Technology email@example.com
Minority and/or female-owned businesses are encouraged to apply. The County of Pulaski is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin or against faith-based organizations.