|RICHMOND, VA – Today, Governor Glenn Youngkin addressed the Joint Meeting of the Senate Finance, House Appropriations, and House Finance Committee and announced his amendments to the Biennial Budget.
“Together we can accelerate results for Virginians and my administration is committed to going faster and getting the job done, so buckle up because we’ve got a lot to do,” said Governor Glenn Youngkin. “This budget provides record funding for behavioral health, law enforcement, education, economic development, and conservation efforts and also cut taxes to put more money in Virginians’ pockets.”
The Governor’s plan adds an additional $1 billion in tax relief, on top of the nearly $4 billion in tax relief passed last year, easing the tax burden of the typical family in Virginia by over $800 per year.
The Governor’s budget makes major investments to accelerate
results for Virginians:
- Providing over $230 million to jumpstart the Right Help, RightNow plan to overhaul of behavioral health and substance abuse.
- Launching Virginia’s Compete to Win strategy by investing in tax cuts, talent and workforce development and an unprecedented $500 million commitment to business ready sites.
- Strengthening law enforcement and public safety by funding Operation Bold Blue Line, including $30 million to recruit 2,000 new law enforcement heroes, additional funding for prosecutors who are tough on crime.
- Keeping Our Commitment to Virginia’s Children with new investments in reading and math and expanded resources for education, including $17 million for literacy and $50 million for teacher performance bonuses.
- Offering unprecedented support to our ‘Quiet Heroes’ – teachers, nurses, and law enforcement, including $175 million for recruitment, expanded career pathways, and bonuses.
- Making a historic investment in conservation and preservation, including $685 million for resiliency and the Chesapeake Bay.
- Igniting the All-American, All-of-the-Above Energy Plan with a $10 million investment in nuclear and other zero-carbon technologies that produce reliable, affordable, and clean energy.