The following letter about the PCPS Continuity of Learning Plan is being mailed out today to the parents of our middle school students:
Parents and Guardians of Pulaski County Middle School Students,
We hope that you and your families are well and safe during this current state of emergency. It is the goal of Pulaski County Public Schools to promote a continuity of learning during the last quarter of this school year. Therefore, we are implementing the following plan to provide educational opportunities to keep our students engaged and focused on learning.
1. Algebra I students will continue to meet virtually to ensure they have the opportunity to be exposed to all standards. Your child’s Algebra teacher will be contacting you about this.
2. All 6th- 8th grade students will be working on a series of multi-disciplinary grade level projects for the remainder of the year.
3. The lessons for these projects will be delivered through Google classroom for students with internet access or through learning packets for those who do not.
4. Project assignments will be made in one to two week groupings and the first set should be available on google classroom or packets will be mailed to students on Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
5. Our classroom teachers remain dedicated to ensuring that learning continues for each student and will continue to maintain contact with students to gauge their progress on these learning projects and answer any questions they might have about the assignments.
6. Students will need to be prepared to turn in proof of completed projects (written papers, videos, presentations, etc.) before the end of the school year once buildings can be reopened to the public.
7. Students who do not participate in these continued learning opportunities will be expected to attend a summer enrichment program as a way to help them prepare for advancement to the next grade level.
8. Information about accessing the learning activities on-line will be sent to you by e-mail and made available on each school’s social media page. (Please contact your child’s teacher if you need their log-in information or password.) If you wish to have weekly learning packets mailed to your home, please call 540-994-2527 and leave the information requested below by April 1, 2020 or e-mail it to Roxanne Souma, Coordinator of Secondary Education, at email@example.com . Thank you for your assistance.
School & Grade Level
1st Block Teacher’s Name
Current Mailing Address
Dr. Kevin W. Siers, Superintendent of Schools